Select an image
Alternate install CD
The alternate install cd allows you to perform certain specialist installations of Xubuntu. It provides for the following situations:
- setting up automated deployments;
- upgrading from older installations without network access;
- LVM and/or RAID partitioning;
- installs on systems with less than about 192MiB of RAM (although note that low-memory systems may not be able to run a full desktop environment reasonably).
In the event that you encounter a bug using the alternate installer, please file a bug on the debian-installer package.
There is one image available:
- 64-bit PC (AMD64) alternate install CD
- Choose this to take full advantage of computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the Intel x86 images instead.
Warning: This image is oversized (which is a bug) and will not fit onto a standard 703MiB CD. However, you may still test it using a DVD, a USB drive, or a virtual machine.
A full list of available files can be found below.
If you need help burning these images to disk, see the Image Burning Guide.
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory - report.html 23-Jan-2015 21:09 253 precise-alternate-amd64.template 23-Jan-2015 21:09 6.0M Alternate install CD for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (jigdo template) precise-alternate-amd64.list 23-Jan-2015 21:09 114K Alternate install CD for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (file listing) precise-alternate-amd64.jigdo 23-Jan-2015 21:09 156K Alternate install CD for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (jigdo download) precise-alternate-amd64.iso.zsync 23-Jan-2015 21:09 1.5M Alternate install CD for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (zsync metafile) precise-alternate-amd64.iso 23-Jan-2015 21:09 745M Alternate install CD for 64-bit PC (AMD64) computers (standard download) precise-alternate-amd64.OVERSIZED 06-Jul-2014 21:10 0 SHA256SUMS.gpg 23-Jan-2015 21:10 198 SHA256SUMS 23-Jan-2015 21:10 94 SHA1SUMS.gpg 23-Jan-2015 21:10 198 SHA1SUMS 23-Jan-2015 21:10 70 MD5SUMS.gpg 23-Jan-2015 21:10 198 MD5SUMS 23-Jan-2015 21:10 62